mercoledì 8 aprile 2015

A community

I recently joined a group on Facebook called 'Women Passionate about their Dreams' and it's amazing to find out how many ideas and passions we girls have! The members' nationalities, ages and dreams are different and this makes the whole group even more gripping! As soon as I joined, I was invited to briefly introduce myself. I then posted a link to this blog and received a comment by a sweet lovely lady who invited me to join the 'Internations' group at Crown Plaza Hotel for women who want to start their own business. I know she meant well, but my reply was: 'Crown Plaza sounds a bit too fancy for me, as well as the whole Internations thing (they'll tell you where the meeting is held only if you paya membership! :/)! thanks anyway!' That's actually true. One of the reason why I refused to join Internations in Bratislava (I hadn't joined them when I lived in Sofia either!) is that they require the payment of a membership, unless you don't know where the meetings are held and you can't receive any updating. I find it stupid and revolting. I currently don't want to set up a business, I just want to create a no-profit networking system. I want to connect people, and I don't want to make money out of it. I don't want to dress up and sit in a fancy hotel with rich business woman eager to make their business profitable. I don't care. I just want to find other people in Bratislava who think that sharing is better than making money and that sharing can help them to make money and develop their business as well! There are plenty of sites and platforms nowadays promoting virtual sharing: Couchsurfing, Trust Roots and the latest Party with a Local for travellers to the amazing Peerby. They are extremely useful tools, promoting different kinds of sharing and implying a face-to-face meeting with the people involved. I want to go beyond. I want to find a place in Bratislava where people can meet, look at each other in the eyes and socialize. Sharing is a direct result of socializing. While meeting each other people find out common interests/hobbies/passions and start sharing. They will realize then that the more people they know, the more they learn and the richer they become, in terms of knowledge and human values. Meeting,socializing and sharing create a sense of community that is invaluable. Have a look here if you don't believe me! To put it simply, my current ambition is to create a community in Bratislava. Who wants to join me?

1 commento:

  1. Hi Giusy, great blog. I've come here from the Passionate women group on Facebook and read your 3 posts about carelessness in Bratislava and this one. You are right, I have noticed the same here, when I first came to Slovakia... This drove me crazy as well, but now I've got used to all that:)

    RispondiElimina