domenica 12 aprile 2015

Free 'admission'

Yesterday I went out with a mission to fulfil clear in my mind: to find a place where to organize the first SHARING IS CARING meeting here in Bratislava. I came back rather disappointed since I realized that if I need a place that can host about 20 people, some tables and a flipchart/board, I have to pay for that. :( I don't want to ask the participants to pay, not even a euro. The whole idea of SHARING IS CARING is the lack of money involved. The Italian word for it is 'gratuità', but I'm struggling finding an English equivalent. It means: people who are willing to share their time, knowledge, experience and expertise should not be required to pay an admission fee. I would like to held this meeting in a cafe/pub, so at least they will pay for their drinks! I want this point to be clear: I don't want to make any money from my idea. I just want to create a community, where mutual help will replace money and create relationships. I am not a dreamer, but I am an idealistic, I've always been! :) So, if you know any place, hotels, hostels, cafe, pubs, restaurants where I can rent a small meeting room for a decent price, please let me know. If you have a place that you would like to share, that will be even better! :)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento