mercoledì 8 aprile 2015

Hobby&Creativity Market

Last Saturday I visited the ‘Hobby&Creativity’ market in the old market hall in Bratislava city centre and I just loved it! The whole place was pregnant with positive vibes and energy. As soon as I entered the hall I was welcomed by a group of young Slovak giving out free hugs. They were a bit shy, but lovely! Then organic vegetables, fair trade chocolate, tea and coffee, home made bakery and the nicest handicrafts ever: jewellery, pottery, textiles and so on. People lingering among the stands, chatting with the vendors, tasting samples of delicious cakes, cheese etc. - no rush, no stress, no blank faces pushing a trolley filled with GMOs, along a supermarket aisle under an artificial light! I could feel something more beside the ordinary attitude between vendors and customers, everyone looked friendlier and closer, I don’t really know how to explain it. Then I thought: there are more and more people who care about what and how they eat, who are willing to spend their free time in a cosy, friendly place, rather than in an anonymous shopping centre, who prefer buying something exclusive and unique because handmade and not mass-produced. That made me thought: I’m not alone. We are not alone.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento